Creating an Effective Leadership Team
It is my belief that ineffective leadership is a root cause to most of the issues we encounter in the workplace that:
- Reduce productivity.
- Increase staff turnover.
- Hamper Profitability.
- Smother individual and team contributions.
- Creates an environment of internal competition that reduces productivity and profitability.
Signs of Leadership Challenges:
- Inefficient use of meeting time and establishing a clear meeting purpose. (E.g. – people are chronically late, missing, and/or unprepared).
- Lack of consistent communication among managers.
- Uncertain who “owns” a decision in the organization.
- Decision making process is slow and/or cumbersome.
- “Star Performer” is held to different interpersonal standards.
- “Poor Performers” are getting away with it.
- Open conflict or detrimental competition.
- Undermining management decisions and chronic complaining about what “they” are doing to “us”.
- High turnover
- Sudden downturn in productivity
We assist owner/managers or leadership team to:
- Identify and develop personal leadership preferences and skills.
- Delegate tasks and decisions to key employees.
- Develop core leadership team and other leaders in the organization.
- Owner operated companies with 20 – 50 employees who are tired of doing everything themselves, or have not been able to develop reliable managers.
- Department or site managers who want to (or need to) develop personal leadership style to be more effective.
- Organizations where there is open “warfare” (no one is pretending anymore).